Belgrade Aerial

Serbia - Belgrade aerial


Serbia - Belgrade aerial stamps

Monument of Prince Mihailo Obrenović

Serbia - Monument Prince Mihailo Obrenovic

Monument of Prince Mihailo Obrenović

The monument was erected in 1882.  It was made by the Florentine sculptor Enrico Pazzi.
The National Theatre building is in the background.

Serbia - Monument Prince Mihailo Obrenovic stamps

Home of Prince Milos Obrenovic

Serbia - Prince Milos Obrenovic house

Prince Milos Obrenovic

Belgrade – The residence of Prince Milos Obrenovic in the suburbs of Topcider. It was built from 1831 to 1834 by master architects Janja Mihailovic and Nikola Djordjevic.  The works wer supervised by master builder Hadzi-Nikola Zivkovic

Serbia - Prince Milos Obrenovic house stamps

The Old Palace

Serbia - Belgrade the Old Palace


The Old Palace
Belgrade, Serbia

Now the City Parliament Building

Serbia - Belgrade the Old Palace stmaps

Belgrade Fortress


Belgrade Fortress, Serbia

“The Belgrade Fortress with the monument entitled Victor.
The fortress was first built in the 2nd century, but it has been destroyed and rebuilt many times until the 18th century.  The bronze statue of a man with a falcon was made by Ivan Mestovic in 1913 and was erected the Belgrade fortress in 1928.

For more information, click here

Belgrade, Serbia


Belgrade — Serbia

The Temple of Saint Sava


The Temple of Saint Sava

Belgrade, Serbia

For info – click here

The Church of St Mark’s ~ Belgrade

The Church of St Mark’s

Belgrade – The Church of St Marko in Tasmajdan Park.  It was built from 1931 to 1940 and was designed by architects Petar and Branko Krstic, using the Serbian Medieval churches as a model (its appearance is closest of that of the Gracanica Monastery church)

For more information about this Serbian church, click here

Church of the St Paraskeve, Belgrade

The Church of St Paraskeve ~ Belgrade, Serbia

The church of St Paraskeve was built in 1938 at the place of the old chapel, above the spring which was considered to be miraculous.  The church of St Ruzica is above i, an edifice which was built in 173 and was the Austrian gunpowder warehouse.

Note the soldier and the medival knight sculptures at the entrance.